Welcome to our Dance Unlimited family! It is important that you take a moment to read through the Handbook and Register pages before registering. Included is everything you should need to know about being part of Dance Unlimited Performing Arts Inc. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 250-361-3267 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindsay Tusche Artistic Director
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PREVENTION PLAN
Dance Unlimited is committed to following guidelines under the Provincial Health Authority and Work Safe BC. Dance Unlimited Performing Arts Inc. Communicable Disease Prevention Plan is as follows. Communicable Disease Prevention Plan October 1 2021
Masks are required for everyone entering the studio and must be worn by all dancers 2 and up while dancing.
Proof of Vaccination is required for all dancers over 12 years and all adults entering the studio.
Should classes not be allowed to be held in the studio/in person due to a Provincial Health Order, we will transition to Zoom format. Please note that in Zoom format we would be operating on a “full schedule”, therefore a reduction in fees will not be provided.
One month’s notice is required for withdrawal from classes and will be accepted until Oct. 31st, 2021. This Withdrawal Form must be completed to withdraw.
No partial month fees will be refunded.
Please note – Refunds will NOT be given after this time. No exceptions for any reason.
RECITAL/ RECITAL FEE/ COSTUME FEE
RECITAL – All students participate in our annual Recital on May 28th, 2022 at the McPherson Playhouse. Ticket costs are not included in class fees and tickets go on sale April 23rd, 2022 at the McPherson Box Office. Please see Costume Fee section. There are dress rehearsals held at the McPherson May 24th and 25th and attendance is mandatory if you expect to be in the recitals. Please note: If your child is in more than one class per week, they may be in more than one recital, which will require two separate tickets. We do our best to avoid this.
RECITAL FEE – The mandatory Recital fee is per dancer and includes a high def link to both recitals and a full color keepsake program. In case of withdrawal by Oct. 31st, 2021, Recital fees will be refunded. After this date, no refunds will be given.
COSTUME FEE – A costume fee per class is required. (Company/Crew refer to Additional Fees on Registration page) In case of withdrawal by October 31st, 2021, costume fees will be refunded if costumes have not been purchased or ordered. If your dancer chooses not to or cannot perform in the recital for any other reason after the withdrawal date, costume refunds are not given.
We plan to have a 2022 recital but please be aware that due to Covid-19, this may change.
September 13 – December 19, 2021 and January 3 – June 12, 2022
- – The studio is closed on all statutory holidays
- – The studio is open on all school professional days
- – Competitions, festivals and shows are dependent on Covid and are only for Companies, Crews & Competitive classes
30th – Studio closed for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation Day
11th – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
25th – 30th – Halloween Dress Up Week
31st – Studio closed for Halloween
11th – Studio closed for Remembrance Day
12th – 14th – Nuvo Dance Convention and Competition (Vancouver)
19th – Jan. 2 – Studio closed for Holiday Break
3rd – First day back after Holiday Break
21st – Studio closed for Family Day
27th – OACP On Stage show (Companies, Crews, OACP’s and Competitive classes)
27th – Dancers 4 Kids Show
20th-April 3rd – Studio closed for Spring Break
15th – 18th – Easter weekend (all classes cancelled)
10th – 14th – Fabulous Feet Competition (Duncan)
12th – 15th – Shine Dance Festival (Nanaimo)
20th – 22nd – Summit Dance Challenge Competition (Victoria)
23rd – 28th – Studio closed Victoria Day, rehearsals and recitals
24th – 25th – Dress rehearsals for the recitals
28th – 29th Annual Recitals
29th – Company Crew auditions for 22/23 year
6th – 12th – Last week of classes
COMMUNICATING WITH THE OFFICE AND INSTRUCTORS
Communicating with you is very important to us. If you’d like to speak with Lindsay or your child’s teacher, please email email@example.com and they will contact you as soon as possible.
Dress code is an important part of dancer’s discipline and is inclusive for all. Parents, please assist your child in selecting their attire and dressing appropriately.
Dance attire must incorporate all genres dancers are taking that day. For example, ballet attire must be worn under Hip Hop attire. Dancers cannot change between classes, but may remove layered clothing and place it in their personal bin.
1) Hair must be in a ponytail, bun or braid off the face. Long hair must be in a bun. For Ballet – see below.
2) No jeans, outside shoes or jewelry are to be worn in any class. This includes runners for Hip Hop.
3) If it doesn’t specify a color for the attire or shoe below, you may choose the color.
4) Dancers must enter the studio ready to dance. That includes hair and dance attire.
5) With the exception of Hip Hop, attire must be fitted so the instructor can correct placement and technique on a dancer.
6) The instructor reserves the right to ask the student to leave the class if not appropriately dressed.
JAZZ, COMPANY & MUSICAL THEATRE All classes must have slip on Jazz oxfords; Leather – tan or skin tone. Broadway Babies and Showstoppers – Jazz oxfords, Ballet or gymnast shoes are optional.
– Broadway Babies/Showstoppers – OPTION A – Bodysuit, tights or bare legs, skirt optional. OPTION B – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants.
– Primary through Junior, Fierce Company & Musical Theatre – OPTION A – Bodysuit or fitted Yoga top. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. OPTION B – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants.
– Intermediate through Senior & all Companies (except Fierce) – OPTION A – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. OPTION B – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants.
CONTEMPORARY – OPTION A – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop top sports bra & fitted dance shorts. OPTION B – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet.
HIP HOP – Loose fitting clothing and clean inside white runners.
LYRICAL – OPTION A – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra (Int./Sr. only) and fitted dance shorts. OPTION B – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet or Tan/skin tone Foot Undeez.
ACRO – OPTION A – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra (Acro 4 & 5 only) and fitted dance shorts. OPTION B – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet.
TAP – OPTION A – Bodysuit or fitted Yoga top. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. OPTION B – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants. Black patent or leather Tap shoes for Primary. Black leather (lace up or Mary Jane) Tap shoes for Junior/Intermediate. Black leather lace up for Senior.
– No t-shirts, sweats, shorts, etc. may be worn over your leotard and tights in class.
– Undergarments should not be visible.
– Hair in SECURE bun with hair net, several bun pins and bangs back. Bun kits are available through the studio for $6.00. We do not accept cash so it must be e-transferred.
– Shoes for Pre-Primary through Grade 2 and Open – pink or skin tone leather soft non-split sole Ballet shoes with elastic
– Shoes for Grade 3 through 8 – pink or skin tone canvas split sole Ballet shoes
– Additional shoes required for Grade 1 and 2 – Character Shoes – low heel
– Additional shoes required for Grades 3 and 4 – Character Shoes – high heel
– Bodysuits for Pre-Primary to Grade 1 are SoDanca style #SL02 (color below) Only available at Ellswear
– Bodysuits for Grade 2, 3 and Open are SoDanca style #SL10/SL11 (color below) Only available at Ellswear
– Bodysuits for Grade 4 through 8 through Senior are SoDanca style #SL03 (color below) Only available at Ellswear
– Pink or skin tone socks are Mondor style #167
– Pink or skin tone tights are Mondor style #314
– All character, classical and pink skirts. Must be ordered through Ellswear.
– Black or pink Ballet sweaters may be worn if the studio is cold but must be removed after warm up. No leg warmers.
– Shoes – Black leather soft non-split sole Ballet shoes with elastic
– White short sleeved fitted t-shirt and black dance shorts or tights.
EXAM and OPEN BALLET PROGRAM
(see above for details to be sure you get correct styles)
Bodysuits and skirts only available through Ellswear.
Pre-Primary & Primary – Pink (03) bodysuit: pink skirt; pink or skin tone socks
Grade 1 – Pink (03) bodysuit: Character skirt; pink or skin tone tights
Grade 2 & 3 – Light Lilac (63) bodysuit: Character skirt; pink or skin tone tights
Grade 4 & 5 – Dark Purple (49) bodysuit; Character skirt; pink or skin tone tights
Grade 6, 7 & 8 – Dark Purple (49) bodysuit; Classical Skirt, scarf & Character Skirt; pink or skin tone tights (Classical skirts will be ordered by the studio)
Open – Lilac (63) bodysuit; pink or skin tone tights
DANCE SUPPLY SHOPS
1. Ellswear, 3180 Harriet Rd., 250-721-5356 (just up the street from our studio)
2. Toes N Taps, 1733 Cook St., 250-480-0017
DANCE UNLIMITED GUIDELINES
* Politeness and respect to everyone is expected.
* Dress code must be followed.
* No street shoes in the studio.
* No food or gum in the studio, change rooms or lobby.
* Students with special ability/experience may be given consideration to enter classes regardless of age.
* FOOD ALLERGIES – No peanuts, nut products or animals can be brought into the studio at any time.
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at anytime, for any reason.
We cannot be responsible for students before or after their classes so we ask that they be dropped off and picked up immediately before and after their class. Students will not be able to wait inside for their ride so parents are expected to be on time. Any student more than 10 minutes late or continuously late for class may not be admitted into class. They also may be asked to sit and watch to protect them from injuries due to an inadequate warm up.
ATTENDANCE/ TAKING PART
Good attendance is imperative as absences and lateness can hold back the entire class and the studio cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student. It is expected that missed work will be learned from another student before the next class to avoid holding up the class. Make-up classes are not offered. Refunds and/or discounts are not given for missed classes. Students missing class may be required to schedule and pay for a private lesson with the instructor. If your child is going to be absent from their class, please call the office before the class and leave a message or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your child has an injury of any sort, it is your responsibility to inform the office immediately and provide a doctor’s note if their injury prevents them from dancing for more than 1 week.
WEBSITE/ NEWSLETTERS/ EMAIL
It is your responsibility to keep up to date with what is happening in your studio. Studio newsletters are emailed and posted on our website at www.danceunlimited.ca in the NEWS section every 2 months, starting September 13th, with additional newsletters closer to the recital. Be sure to check the website regularly so you are up to date on what’s happening in your studio. If you opt-out of receiving emails in your Studio Director account, you will miss very important information. Please be sure you opt-in.
FACEBOOK/ INSTAGRAM/ TWITTER
Keep updated on events & news by finding us on Social Media! We have exclusive Facebook contests, news and updates regularly! Follow us!
Facebook at DanceUnlimitedPerformingArts
Instagram at DanceUnlimitedPerformingArts
Twitter at DUPAVictoria
The blinds will be closed as parents/guardians cannot remain in the studio during classes.
CHANGE ROOM/ WASHROOMS
Due to Covid-19, the foyer and change rooms are closed. Food and drinks cannot be consumed inside the studio. Dancers must arrive in their dance attire and layer genre clothing appropriately. The washrooms cannot be used as change rooms. The only items to be brought into class are water bottle and dance shoes. Phones, wallet and keys for the older dancers. Water bottles cannot be refilled at the studio.
Dance Unlimited is a place I like to call my home away from home. The studio is such a loving place from all the joyful students to the caring teachers and staff. The studio is a place where us as dancer go to free ourselves from the stress of reality and express ourselves in a way that is so amazingly undescribable. This family that I have became apart of has helped me grown in so many ways and I am internally grateful for that. Almost five years of being at Dance Unlimited and It has been the best five years ever. Getting to express myself, having fun and connecting with my friends and teachers, and achieving my goals is something I look forward to everyday. It doesn’t matter if you take one class or ten, you are apart of the Dance Unlimited family and I can not be more thankful for my Dance Unlimited family.
Dance Unlimited has always been a fabulous place to dance for me. The other dancers and the teachers have made the studio a welcoming and fun place to be. The classes make everyone work hard and focus on learning new techniques. I always look forward to going to the studio and just dancing! The teachers have been super to work with and I love working with all of them. I look forward to what each year has to offer!!
Click here to add your own text