Welcome to our Dance Unlimited family! It is important that you take a moment to read through the Handbook and Register pages before registering. Included is everything you should need to know about being part of DANCE UNLIMITED. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 250-361-3267 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindsay Tusche Artistic Director
One month’s written/email notice is required for withdrawal from classes and will be accepted until Oct. 31st, 2019. No partial month fees will be refunded and first month & June fees are non-refundable.
Please note – Refunds will NOT be given after this time. No exceptions.
RECITAL/ RECITAL FEE/ COSTUME FEE
RECITAL – All students participate in our annual Recital on May 30th, 2020 at the McPherson Playhouse. Ticket costs are not included in class fees and tickets go on sale April 25th, 2020 at the McPherson Box Office. Please see Costume Fee section. There are dress rehearsals held at the McPherson May 26th and 27th and attendance is mandatory if you expect to be in the recitals. Please note: If your child is in more than one class per week, they may be in more than one recital, which will require two separate tickets. We do our best to avoid this.
RECITAL FEE – The mandatory $50.00 Recital fee is per dancer and includes a high def link to both recitals and a full color keepsake program. Want to send a personal message to your dancer? Program space will be available for purchase! In case of withdrawal by Oct. 31st, 2019, Recital fees will be refunded. After this date, no refunds will be given.
COSTUME FEE – An $85.00 costume fee per class is required. (Company/Crew refer to Additional Fees on Registration page) In case of withdrawal by October 31st, 2019, costume fees will be refunded if costumes have not been purchased or ordered. If your dancer chooses not to or cannot perform in the recital for any other reason after the withdrawal date, costume refunds are not given.
September 9 – December 21, 2019 and January 6 – June 6, 2019
* The Studio is closed:
– On all Statutory Holidays (unless noted otherwise in the September/ October Newsletter)
– Christmas Break – December 22, 2019 – January 5, 2020
– Spring Break – March 15 – March 29, 2020
COMMUNICATING WITH THE OFFICE AND INSTRUCTORS
Communicating with you is very important to us. If you’d like to speak with Lindsay or your child’s teacher, please leave a message for them in the office if they are not available and they will return your call as soon as possible. Please do not contact them at home, between or during classes unless they have asked you to do so.
Regular studio office hours are: TBA
Dress code is an important part of dancer’s discipline. Parents, please assist your child in dressing appropriately.
1) Hair must be in a ponytail, bun or braid off the face. Long hair must be in a bun. For Ballet – see below.
2) No jeans, outside shoes or jewelry are to be worn in any class. This includes runners for Hip Hop.
3) Dancers must enter the studio ready to dance. That includes hair and dance attire.
4) Attire must be fitted so the instructor can correct placement and technique on a dancer. Does not apply to Hip Hop.
5) The instructor reserves the right to ask the student to leave the class if not appropriately dressed.
JAZZ, COMPANY & MUSICAL THEATRE All classes must have slip on Jazz oxfords; Girls – tan leather, Boys – black leather.
– Broadway Babies/Showstoppers – Girls – Bodysuit, tights or bare legs, skirt optional. Boys – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants. Jazz oxfords, Ballet or gymnast shoes.
– Primary through Junior and Fierce Company – Girls – Bodysuit or fitted Yoga top. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. Boys – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants.
– Intermediate through Senior & all Companies (except Fierce) – Girls – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. Boys – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants.
MODERN – Girls – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop top sports bra & fitted dance shorts. Boys – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet.
HIP HOP – Loose fitting clothing and clean inside white runners.
LYRICAL – Girls – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra (Int./Sr. only) and fitted dance shorts. Boys – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet or Tan Foot Undeez.
ACRO – Girls – Bodysuit, fitted Yoga top or crop sports bra (Int./Sr. only) and fitted dance shorts. Boys – Fitted t-shirt and dance shorts. Bare feet.
TAP – Girls – Bodysuit or fitted Yoga top. Dance shorts, tights, leggings or Yoga pants. Boys – fitted t-shirt and shorts or athletic pants. Black patent or leather Tap shoes for Primary. Black leather (lace up or Mary Jane) Tap shoes for Junior/Intermediate.
– No t-shirts, sweats, shorts, etc. may be worn over your leotard and tights in class.
– Underwear should not be worn under your bodysuit as it can be seen. Bras must not be seen, including sports bras.
– Bun kits are available through the studio for $6.00. Hair in secure bun with hair net and bangs back.
– Shoes for Pre-Primary through Grade 2 – Pink leather soft non-split sole Ballet shoes with elastic
– Shoes for Grade 3 through 8 – Pink canvas split sole Ballet shoes
– Additional shoes required for Grade 1 and 2 – Character Shoes – low heel with pink elastic
– Additional shoes required for Grades 3 and 4 – Character Shoes – high heel with pink elastic
– Bodysuits for Pre-Primary to Grade 1 are Motionwear style #2516 (see color below)
– Bodysuits for Grade 2 through 8 and Junior through Senior are Motionwear style #2643 (see color below)
– Pink socks are Mondor style #167
– Pink tights are Mondor style #314
– All character, classical and pink skirts should be ordered through Ellswear.
– Black or pink Ballet sweaters may be worn if the studio is cold but must be removed after warm up. No leg warmers.
– Shoes – Black leather soft non-split sole Ballet shoes with elastic
– White short sleeved fitted t-shirt and black dance shorts or tights.
EXAM and OPEN BALLET PROGRAM (see above for details to be sure you get correct styles)
Pre-Primary & Primary – Pink (472) bodysuit: pink skirt; pink socks
Grade 1 – Pink (472) bodysuit: Character skirt; pink tights
Grade 2 & 3 – Mint (466) bodysuit: Character skirt; pink tights
Grade 4 & 5 – Iris (498) bodysuit; Character skirt; pink tights
Grade 6, 7 & 8 – Iris (498) bodysuit; Classical Skirt, scarf & Character Skirt; pink tights
Junior – Mint (466) bodysuit; pink tights
Intermediate Foundation & Intermediate/ Senior – Iris (498) bodysuit; pink tights
DANCE SUPPLY SHOPS
1. Ellswear, 3180 Harriet Rd., 250-721-5356
2. Toes N Taps, 1733 Cook St., 250-480-0017
DANCE UNLIMITED GUIDELINES
* Politeness and respect to everyone is expected.
* Dress code must be followed.
* No street shoes in the studio.
* No food or gum in the studio, change rooms or lobby. Food is to be stored and eaten in the lounge area.
* FOOD ALLERGIES – No peanuts, nut products, popcorn or animals can be brought into the studio at any time.
* Students with special ability/experience may be given consideration to enter classes regardless of age.
DANCE UNLIMITED and the instructors are not liable for personal injuries or loss of, or damage to, personal property during class or at any related function. Please inform the instructor of any physical limitations you may have. We cannot dispense any sort of medication. Please avoid bringing valuables to the studio but if you must, bring them into class, as we do not provide lockers.
We cannot be responsible for students before or after their classes so we ask that they be dropped off and picked up no more than 10 minutes before/after their class. All students should wait inside for their ride. Any student more than 10 minutes late or continuously late for class may not be admitted into class. They also may be asked to sit and watch to protect them from injuries due to an inadequate warm up.
ATTENDANCE/ TAKING PART
Good attendance is imperative as absences and lateness can hold back the entire class and the studio cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student. It is expected that missed work will be learned from another student before the next class to avoid holding up the class. Make-up classes may be taken within one week of the class missed. Refunds and/or discounts are not given for missed classes. RAD Exam program and Company/ Crew students may not miss or not take part in more than 4 classes a year. If they do, they will not take part in exams and they may be removed from that class. Regular class students who miss or do not take part in 6 classes may be removed from the class. No refunds will be given if a student is removed due to attendance. Students missing class may be required to schedule and pay for a private lesson with the instructor. If your child is going to be absent from their class, please call the office before the class and leave a message or send us an email at email@example.com. If your child has an injury of any sort, it is your responsibility to inform the office immediately and provide a doctor’s note if their injury prevents them from dancing for more than 1 week.
WEBSITE/ NEWSLETTERS/ BULLETIN BOARD/ EMAIL
It is your responsibility to keep up to date with what is happening in your studio. Studio newsletters are emailed and posted on our website at www.danceunlimited.ca in the NEWS section every 2 months, starting September 1st, with additional newsletters closer to the recital. Be sure to check the bulletin board and website regularly so you are up to date on what’s happening in your studio. If you opt-out of receiving emails in your Studio Director account, you will miss very important information. Please be sure you opt-in.
FACEBOOK/ INSTAGRAM/ TWITTER
Keep updated on events & news by finding us on Social Media! We have exclusive Facebook contests, news and updates regularly! Follow us!
Facebook at DanceUnlimitedPerformingArts
Instagram at DanceUnlimitedPerformingArts
Twitter at DUPAVictoria
The blinds will be used at the teacher’s discretion. For the younger dancers, it can be very distracting to see what is going on in the waiting areas and in many cases, the dancers themselves ask to have the blinds closed. If a dancer has brought a special guest to watch, please speak to the instructor and they will either keep the blinds open or invite the guest into the studio to watch. Watching weeks are the last weeks before Christmas and Spring break and the last week of classes. Please do not block the hallways or the area outside Studio 2.
LOUNGE AREA/ CHANGE ROOM/ WASHROOMS
The dancer’s lounge area has tables and chairs, a fridge, sink and microwave. All food and drinks must be eaten in the lounge area only. Don’t forget, this is your space, let’s keep it clean. Please do your best to have your child arrive in their dance attire. There are change rooms and washrooms. The foyer and lounge area have cubbies for dancer use. If you must bring valuables with you do not leave them in the cubbies, bring them into class.
Dance Unlimited is a place I like to call my home away from home. The studio is such a loving place from all the joyful students to the caring teachers and staff. The studio is a place where us as dancer go to free ourselves from the stress of reality and express ourselves in a way that is so amazingly undescribable. This family that I have became apart of has helped me grown in so many ways and I am internally grateful for that. Almost five years of being at Dance Unlimited and It has been the best five years ever. Getting to express myself, having fun and connecting with my friends and teachers, and achieving my goals is something I look forward to everyday. It doesn’t matter if you take one class or ten, you are apart of the Dance Unlimited family and I can not be more thankful for my Dance Unlimited family.
Dance Unlimited has always been a fabulous place to dance for me. The other dancers and the teachers have made the studio a welcoming and fun place to be. The classes make everyone work hard and focus on learning new techniques. I always look forward to going to the studio and just dancing! The teachers have been super to work with and I love working with all of them. I look forward to what each year has to offer!!
Click here to add your own text